To protect the health and safety of our members, the SRWC is relooking at all events for March and April. Please note that as time progresses, we may alter the schedule below. Also, at this time, we do not know how this will effect our events in May. Please look to further email blasts for any updates to our events.
March 23 - New Member Event - postponed
March 30 - Hearty Soles Planning Meeting - postponed
April 16 - Board Meeting - rescheduled to April 23, possibly virtual meeting
April 21 - Annual Meeting and Luncheon - pending
Art Fair meetings - Kathleen Meyer coordinating
Book Clubs - up to individual book clubs, we recommend canceling
Dinner Club - Richard Asadoorian coordinating; we recommend canceling.
Knitting Club - Pat Arnold coordinating; we recommend canceling .
Winter Gala Planning Meeting - postponed
How Can SRWC Members Help During This Difficult Time??:
I have received several emails from members asking how the SRWC can help in the greater Sunriver community. Some requests were to publish names of those infected with COVID-19 to how we can reach out to help the community. Please note that under HIPPA regulations and to protect the privacy of our members, the SRWC cannot publish names of those infected. However, we can reach out to our neighbors, friends and members in a variety of ways:
1) If you are going to the grocery store or pharmacy, call and ask if they need anything. You can leave the items you pick up on their front porch.
2) Personally send an email or call a neighbor, friend or member and ask how they are doing. Some of us (especially those that live alone) may be feeling isolated, anxious or depressed.
3) If healthy, take a friend for a walk and practice “social distancing”.
4) Don’t just reach out to your immediate circle of friends, reach out to members that you may have recently met or may not have met. Send an email or call just asking how they are doing? You may brighten someone’s day!!!!
5) And finally, but also important; if possible, support our local restaurants by ordering “food to go”.
If you need anything, please personally reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please stay safe and healthy during this difficult time.
Nancy Fischer, President
Sunriver Women’s Club
SRWC - “Steppin’ Up for Friends, Fun and Philanthropy!”
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” —Helen Keller