Club leaders knew that local nonprofits were going to need our support more than ever if they were going to meet the demand for essential services in south Deschutes County during this difficult time of the coronavirus pandemic. With this in mind, the COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Fund was born.Who is Receiving Assistance from this Fund?
Our Philanthropy Team reached out to community agencies to find out the pressing needs and how we could best help.
We responded quickly to the urgent need for food and supported these food programs:
• La Pine Community Kitchen ($6,000) to support a 200% increase in meals served on a to-go basis.
• Council on Aging ($2,000) to support two senior food programs –- Meals on Wheels and community meals.
• La Pine Senior Activity Center ($1,000) to support a 100% increase in meals served on a to-go-basis.
We then addressed these emerging needs:
• La Pine Community Health Center ($1,000) to support prescription medications for under-insured or uninsured clients.
• Habitat for Humanity of La Pine Sunriver ($3,000) to be used to help their families with mortgage assistance.
• NeighborImpact ($3,000) to support utility assistance for heat, water, sewer, garbage and even cell phones, as phones can be people's connection to jobs and other needed services.
How Can You Help?There is still time to join the Sunriver Women’s Club and members, community members, groups, businesses and organizations in this group fundraising effort. The Sunriver - La Pine Rotary, the Sunriver Men's Club, and Nolte Properties have joined us in helping the local nonprofits who are working tirelessly to provide essential services for others in the community.
Donate any amount you can spare.
Give $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more.
Any amount will help
We will continue to serve the community as long as there is a need and donations keep coming!
Bottom line: We are in this together. Together, we can make a difference!
Sunriver Women's Club is a 501 (3)(c), Tax ID # 51-0186089
P.O. Box 3334, Sunriver, OR 97707
Current Total Donations and Pledges to date: